Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Specialty Discussion: Hand Guns > Revolvers

Notices

Revolvers From Single Action to Double Action revolvers, gotta love the irons. "You feeling lucky, punk?"

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
gixxer760
Domestic Terrorist aka pa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default new to me 629-2

Finally go my revolver and lever gun in. So much different then a 9 45 or even the 10 with stiff loads. the full power 44mag was the first time i went whoa and actually felt the recoil lol and this is with a 6 inch stainless model (seen miculek talking about the scandium 4 inch HECK NO!) lockup is tight, 5/6 cylinders were .004 gap and one was .005. pulled the side plate off (screws have never been touched) and checked the interals, will grab a spring tool so i can pull it out and give it a good cleaning i doubt it has ever been opened.

Also grabbed some 5 star reloaders with a stand in a custom black with red blood splatter for grins.

and just cause its a matching 44mag my new henry all weather in 44 mag. PEW PEW PEW
Old 03-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
pick_six
Adjusting to the west!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nice setup brother!

When you head back East, don't discount either of those in the woods for deer, or hogs if the opportunity presents itself.

My friend had health issues and can't do long guns. He does the 460 for deer and hogs. It rocks. The recoil isn't too bad, considering.

Hope you get a chance to try it.
pick_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
NYECOGunsmith
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

My wife loved shooting my 6" 629, even with 300 grain hog busters in it, she wasn't recoil sensitive at all.

Oldest brother has a pair of 2 inch X frames, a 460 and a 500 mag, he's not recoil sensitive either, but I refuse to shoot either of them! Or my Dad's Bond Arms derringer in 45-70.

I like my wrists the way they came, unbroken, thank you!

But my 629 is a pleasure to shoot. And if you stuff it with mild .44 specials, it's really easy to burn through a couple of hundred in an outing with no ill effects.

Nice additions Gixxer!
Old 03-13-2018, 02:18 AM   #4
titanNV
NRA Endowment Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Nice trail gun too!

44 special is a great idea to get more enjoyment out of it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
titanNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 AM   #5
gixxer760
Domestic Terrorist aka pa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick_six View Post
Nice setup brother!

When you head back East, don't discount either of those in the woods for deer, or hogs if the opportunity presents itself.

My friend had health issues and can't do long guns. He does the 460 for deer and hogs. It rocks. The recoil isn't too bad, considering.

Hope you get a chance to try it.
that was my plan, with the long travel periods i will bank a bit of cash and probably book a nice hog hunt or finally take my GF's godfather up on a hunt up in the wilds of alaska. the revolver will be my go to in both those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYECOGunsmith View Post
My wife loved shooting my 6" 629, even with 300 grain hog busters in it, she wasn't recoil sensitive at all.

Oldest brother has a pair of 2 inch X frames, a 460 and a 500 mag, he's not recoil sensitive either, but I refuse to shoot either of them! Or my Dad's Bond Arms derringer in 45-70.

I like my wrists the way they came, unbroken, thank you!

But my 629 is a pleasure to shoot. And if you stuff it with mild .44 specials, it's really easy to burn through a couple of hundred in an outing with no ill effects.

Nice additions Gixxer!
definitely liking it, loaded up some mild unique loads and some stiff 2400 loads with the 240gr keith hi tek rounds. the unique loads ill go all day on the stiff ones ill keep for huntin lol, my hand still hurts! have another 1k of the 240 keiths and 300 - 325GR WFN HC projectiles for when i go huntin with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanNV View Post
Nice trail gun too!

44 special is a great idea to get more enjoyment out of it!

44 spl is definitely more mild. was watching miceluk shoot his lineup of 29/629's and shooting .2 splits on c zone targets all day and im just like.... i hate you lol
Old 03-13-2018, 03:15 AM   #6
Just an Average Joe
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Beautiful revolver/ rifle combo.

Really like the look of that unfluted cylinder.

Just an Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:15 AM   #7
titanNV
NRA Endowment Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

I think you'll have more fun with the Henry. Probably some decent recoil but not going to blow your shoulder out.

titanNV is offline   Reply With Quote