Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armed Citizen > Self Defense

Notices

Self Defense Share stories, news, articles, questions and more here.

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #21
snicl1
uber n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka Lbo View Post
USCCA coverage listed by Armed Citizensí Legal Defense Network may be off somewhat from current USCCA coverage. https://www.usccacoverageform.com/

Believe both are worthy of consideration.

Brad
How does it work w/the different levels? Do you select an attorney based on an estimate given? If the cost of representation exceeds the amount of coverage, does the attorney stay on the case? Fortunately I've never needed legal representation before so I really am clueless as to how this all works.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
snicl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:56 AM   #22
Ka Lbo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicl1 View Post
How does it work w/the different levels? Do you select an attorney based on an estimate given? If the cost of representation exceeds the amount of coverage, does the attorney stay on the case? Fortunately I've never needed legal representation before so I really am clueless as to how this all works.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

With USCCA, my understanding is it is like insurance in many sectors (car, motorcycle, home, renters, etc.). We pay for a level of coverage. $xxx for bail, $xxx for lawyer, $xxx for law suits, etc. When insurance is required, USCCA will cover up to amounts paid for. If the amount is exceeded, we like in a car insurance scenario, are on our own.

With USCCA we hire the attorney. USCCA has attorneys identified that are versed in self-defense scenarios that we, the insured can hire or not.

Hopefully this makes sense. Recommend give USCCA a call for verification of my understanding and additional questions you may have.

USCCA works for me as I have "peace of mind" that if needed, USCCA insurance coverage will most likely ensure my retirement finances remain secure. Me, retired, fixed income, I can ill afford to lose my financial @ss to BS law suits and or deal with felony charges having defended myself, family...

That said, call Armed Citizensí Legal Defense Network if they may be an option in your scenario, personal needs.

Stereotyping here, most likely few, if any of us NS members will need this insurance. So, while this type of insurance is not for all, most, or many, it is for me.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Ka Lbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #23
Ramone
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicl1 View Post
The videos w/Massad Ayoob are really good.
Ayoob is good at the idea one should do what he can to de-escalate a dangerous situation. I have been reading his work since the 1980s, and he has been consistent on this thesis. I would agree.

The art of self-defense begins with a certain amount of verbal judo. Learning to talk someone down in a stressful situation is a worthy skill to hone.

If you are nervous about public speaking, try Toastmasters. Yes, it is hokey, but it is a safe place to develop verbal agility.

Yes, less-than-lethal options for weapons are a good idea too. Ayoob would say that demonstrating at least a modicum of effort to avoid the use of lethal force will be favorable.

He has a taken a lot of grief for this opinion, but rash decisions to use lethal force, as in the Burgarello case, will not be favorable.
Ramone is offline   Reply With Quote