Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > NFA Weapons and Discussions

Notices

NFA Weapons and Discussions Machine Guns, Suppressors, Destructive Devices, Short Barreled Rifles, etc.

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
vegasjon
uber n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default NFA items thru Gun Garage

Hi guys,

I bought 3 Surefire cans from Gun Garage April 2016, used a trust and submitted everything May 2016 it went pending... waited and waited. Called ATF NFA in April (almost a year out, when 8 month was given as current wait times). Couldn't get a straight answer from ATF about IF there was anything lacking on my end with paperwork or errors, etc. Gun Garage would say everything was fine but I was never convinced they actually followed up and confirmed with ATF. Left a few voicemails with the examiner and the supervisor which they never returned.

Then on Sept. 6th I get a call from Gun Garage telling me their FFL is EXPIRED as of Sept. 1st. They say they will try to get the ATF to expedite the pending items they have. Now I can't get a hold of them and I've left messages and even sent an email. I talked to Freedom Firearms and they said they were getting most of the NFA items from Gun Garage on transfer as they had to get everything off their books by this past Friday.

Does anyone know what happened to Gun Garage? Looking back at how the NFA branch didn't complete my Form 4s like everyone else's I'm thinking Gun Garage had some kind of violation and their FFL got revoked, just my opinion. So anyway here I am, with no money and no cans...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vegasjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #2
JTW_Jr
WheelGunner

I heard they are going out of business.
JTW_Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
pc911lv
Sith Lord

Default Gun Garage

What about next door, the diesel shop? That is owned by the sister of Gun Garage's owner. I am sure she can track down the owner. The family owns that whole piece of property.
pc911lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #4
vegasjon
uber n00b

Being continually frustrated about this whole process I decided to contact the NFA Branch again. Briefly explained the situation to the person that answered and they said, why don't you give me the numbers and let's see what's going on. Gave her the first, "that's been approved today" and the same for the other two cans. Double checked to make sure they had the new FFL info and she said they did. Best news I've received! Looks like I should be getting the paperwork in the next few weeks. Just in time for the better weather!
vegasjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
rockey8279
uber Member

Gun garage is out of business. The entire property was purchased by some guy for a whole lot of money.
rockey8279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #6
STV_Keith
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc911lv View Post
What about next door, the diesel shop? That is owned by the sister of Gun Garage's owner. I am sure she can track down the owner. The family owns that whole piece of property.
Jim Sr. owned/owns J&S Diesel. James, is his son, and Tammy, is his daughter. They run J&S (last I heard). James worked in the shop there for years and Tammy ran the office.

Tammy married Mark, who started Performance Muffler in the South side of J&S's building, which was originally in the spot where Guns Garage is/was. Last I heard, Performance Muffler had moved to a shop at 5390 S Decatur, where Acclaim Auto used to be.

If you have issues, I'd be driving around to Performance Muffler and/or J&S diesel looking for Mark, and answers.

Good luck. NFA stuff isn't easy to start with, but when you add this stuff into the mix, it's even worse.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #7
Just an Average Joe
uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey8279 View Post
Gun garage is out of business. The entire property was purchased by some guy for a whole lot of money.
Bummer.

They actually had a very nice range, and it was inexpensive for locals to use.
Just an Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #8
mbogo
Bwana Mkubwa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjon View Post
Being continually frustrated about this whole process I decided to contact the NFA Branch again. Briefly explained the situation to the person that answered and they said, why don't you give me the numbers and let's see what's going on. Gave her the first, "that's been approved today" and the same for the other two cans. Double checked to make sure they had the new FFL info and she said they did. Best news I've received! Looks like I should be getting the paperwork in the next few weeks. Just in time for the better weather!

You are fortunate to have found someone who cared enough to help. Go to the new dealer and make a point of asking to be contacted upon the items' arrival so you can collect them.

mbogo
mbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
mbogo
Bwana Mkubwa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey8279 View Post
I wonder if the new owner is going to put in a parking lot for those attending Raiders games.
There is going to be a lot of money made that way.

mbogo
mbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #10
rockey8279
uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbogo View Post
I wonder if the new owner is going to put in a parking lot for those attending Raiders games.
There is going to be a lot of money made that way.

mbogo
Don't know, but the first thing the owner did was shut off power to the building and remove the gun range. There's more to the story, but I don't want to put anyone on blast.
rockey8279 is offline   Reply With Quote