Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armed Citizen > Open Carry & Concealed Carry

Notices

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
Siggy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I received mine in the mail Monday. It was the start of the 6th week when I got mine.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
SundevilSG
Minute of Barn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Congrats Siggy! Still no no word on mine.. Almost 5 weeks now.
SundevilSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
StammesOpfer
Silent Edge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Put in my application yesterday. Only took 90min and waiting to be called at 5 different windows. Now the wait begins. Lets see who is faster Crossbreed for my new holster or LVMPD for my permit.
StammesOpfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #24
SundevilSG
Minute of Barn

Any updates for anyone?

Nearly 6 weeks now.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #25
WildManPiet
PitMonkey

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundevilSG View Post
Any updates for anyone?

Nearly 6 weeks now.
Isnt that the same as siggy? Any day now would be a good guess.
WildManPiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #26
mustang652
Pro God, Pro 2nd

Default A little Ranting if I'm allowed.

Well, don't remember if I posted any of this or not, but I'm now 15 days into round two of trying to get my CCW. I filed my original application on Feb the 1st. After 30 plus days, of the waiting game I got a call from Metro Police the afternoon of the 4th of March informing me that I had to come back in to redo the fingerprints. Of course, it was too late for me to make it across town at that time of the day. It would appear that because of wear and tear over the years my prints were too light for the computer to properly read, so "State" rejected my application. Combination of age, some health factors, dry skin and long ago work factors have taken their toll on the texture of the skin on the fingers. I spent that weekend rubbing Gold Bond advanced hand cream on the fingers and went back the morning of the the 6th of March to do the re-printing. They looked better, but the computer still had some problems reading them. The lady who took the prints really put out the effort trying to get good prints. She did each finger two to three times. If the prints fail this time, the federal background check will apparently have to be done manually so one way or the other with the return mailing time of the manually printed cards to Reno, I'm looking at anything from one to three more months of waiting. . I'm still carring the .380 OC as much as possible and/or have it in the car when I can't, or it's not in my best interest to OC. Was hoping to get this accomplished prior to our trip back to Dallas and east Texas this spring. Got to admit at minimum, I'm a little bit irritated.
Then said He unto them, .... he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
Life Mrb NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW
mustang652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #27
vroom_vroom
Screaming Chicken

damn Monday was the start of the sixth week and nothing yet...............i need a new gun
Old 03-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
stoneez
Obsessed Member

Been just over a month for me. I am really trying hard to not count the days. The whole "watched pot never boils" thing. Im just trying to be patient.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
plstu
The Undertaker

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

At least you are waiting for your PERMIT! I am waiting for a simple ADD ON! You would think they would be competent enough to do THAT on sight!

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders" Terrible Ted

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
-- Thomas Jefferson
plstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #30
SundevilSG
Minute of Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
Well, don't remember if I posted any of this or not, but I'm now 15 days into round two of trying to get my CCW. I filed my original application on Feb the 1st. After 30 plus days, of the waiting game I got a call from Metro Police the afternoon of the 4th of March informing me that I had to come back in to redo the fingerprints. Of course, it was too late for me to make it across town at that time of the day. It would appear that because of wear and tear over the years my prints were too light for the computer to properly read, so "State" rejected my application. Combination of age, some health factors, dry skin and long ago work factors have taken their toll on the texture of the skin on the fingers. I spent that weekend rubbing Gold Bond advanced hand cream on the fingers and went back the morning of the the 6th of March to do the re-printing. They looked better, but the computer still had some problems reading them. The lady who took the prints really put out the effort trying to get good prints. She did each finger two to three times. If the prints fail this time, the federal background check will apparently have to be done manually so one way or the other with the return mailing time of the manually printed cards to Reno, I'm looking at anything from one to three more months of waiting. . I'm still carring the .380 OC as much as possible and/or have it in the car when I can't, or it's not in my best interest to OC. Was hoping to get this accomplished prior to our trip back to Dallas and east Texas this spring. Got to admit at minimum, I'm a little bit irritated.

Yeah, I saw that in your other thread. As I mentioned there as well, the tech told me that he wasnt getting a good read on my prints and I could see them showing up lightly... Took a while, but he finally said that they should work.

I still havent gotten a phone call though, so I hope all is well.