Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
desertrunner

Cool The Kingdom of Nye...

We were talking about radio personality Art Bell from "Midnight in the Desert" in another thread and I thought I would bring it up here. I did listen to the show for a little bit while Art was hosting, but Im just not into UFDs and aliens much. Im also not into the X-Files either, but still follow it a little bit.

But I am really into Area 51 and all of the secretive USFA activity around it. I always wonder what is out there and going on around in the wide and vast open desert. I can go out there for days and get lost.

I also like Nye County. I took a Front Site shooting class there about 10 years ago. Whenever the topic comes up, I wonder about the former Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss. What is she doing up there in Pahrump and did she ever start her coin laundry business?

After doing some Googling, I think I found the origin to the cat joke told here earlier...

desertrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
Dusty
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
We were talking about radio personality Art Bell from "Midnight in the Desert" in another thread and I thought I would bring it up here. I did listen to the show for a little bit while Art was hosting, but Im just not into UFDs and aliens much. Im also not into the X-Files either, but still follow it a little bit.

But I am really into Area 51 and all of the secretive USFA activity around it. I always wonder what is out there and going on around in the wide and vast open desert. I can go out there for days and get lost.

I also like Nye County. I took a Front Site shooting class there about 10 years ago. Whenever the topic comes up, I wonder about the former Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss. What is she doing up there in Pahrump and did she ever start her coin laundry business?

After doing some Googling, I think I found the origin to the cat joke told here earlier...

Or You think You did!
Dusty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
Mr. B
uber Member

Are you suggesting that Heidi Fleiss is running a chain of cat houses in Pahrump?
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
NYECOGunsmith
Obsessed Member

Last I heard, Heidi was back in jail or prison, that was 2-3 years ago. The laundromat she started in about 2007 closed within 3 years or so.

Used to see her around town fairly often, but haven't seen her for several years now. Drugs and alcoholism had made her almost unrecognizable by then, she was skin and bones and deathly pale the last time I saw her in Smith's grocery. She used to come to the arts shows my wife put on here, knew her well enough to recognize her and speak to her, but that last time I saw her , she was so drunk or high she had trouble pronouncing my name when she recognized me.

That picture with all the cats may be from about 5-6 years ago when a local so called "cat rescue" was found to not be taking adequate care of something like 400 cats there.

The cats were moved to another facility, and an organization called FLOCK, for the love of cats & kittens came in from Utah and took care of them, finding homes all over the USA for them.

My late wife and I volunteered out there until the cats were all adopted, that was just before her cancer was discovered, so would have been around 2012 or so.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone ISN'T OUT TO GET YOU!
Just because a complaint was never filed doesn't mean a defective parachute was never made.
I've been to three world's fairs, two rodeos and a goat roping contest, but I've never seen the likes of the stuff that goes on around here before!
NYECOGunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #5
desertrunner

Thanks for the updates.

If you do see Heidi again, please buy her a hamburger and soda, she needs to live. Poor girl, too bad she couldnt make it work.

Glad it worked out for the cats.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:10 AM   #6
StarFire
uber Member

Heidi is alive and well and still living in Pahrump. (Which I didn't know until you guys got me interested and I googled her. LOL)

She is now 51 and says she has lost interest in sex. Sounds like my wife... ;)

And from the recent picture she doesn't need any more burgers.

http://people.com/crime/how-hollywoo...-sex-business/
StarFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:44 AM   #7
desertrunner

She looks better in the People article, good for her...

Old 01-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #8
desertrunner

When I hear "Kingdom of Nye", I hear this music...

Old 01-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
Dusty
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYECOGunsmith View Post
Last I heard, Heidi was back in jail or prison, that was 2-3 years ago. The laundromat she started in about 2007 closed within 3 years or so.

Used to see her around town fairly often, but haven't seen her for several years now. Drugs and alcoholism had made her almost unrecognizable by then, she was skin and bones and deathly pale the last time I saw her in Smith's grocery. She used to come to the arts shows my wife put on here, knew her well enough to recognize her and speak to her, but that last time I saw her , she was so drunk or high she had trouble pronouncing my name when she recognized me.

That picture with all the cats may be from about 5-6 years ago when a local so called "cat rescue" was found to not be taking adequate care of something like 400 cats there.

The cats were moved to another facility, and an organization called FLOCK, for the love of cats & kittens came in from Utah and took care of them, finding homes all over the USA for them.

My late wife and I volunteered out there until the cats were all adopted, that was just before her cancer was discovered, so would have been around 2012 or so.
I think it was Iweb made a comment about a attack cat someone has out here, in another thread. Top told Him it was a inside joke, but I think He is still trying to figure it out.
Dusty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:38 PM   #10
NYECOGunsmith
Obsessed Member

That would be me, the Attack Cat lives with me.

Famous amoung all my acquaintances for her ferocious guarding of the hidden treasure vaults of Kibble.

She's backed Lonerider and others into a corner more than once.

8.5 pounds of Octanitrocubane (much stronger than dynamite!) that thinks she's a 1,000 pound tiger............

Other wise known as the "Tiny Terror Of Pahrump".............don't let her sweet, innocent appearance fool you.........

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone ISN'T OUT TO GET YOU!
Just because a complaint was never filed doesn't mean a defective parachute was never made.
I've been to three world's fairs, two rodeos and a goat roping contest, but I've never seen the likes of the stuff that goes on around here before!
NYECOGunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote