Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Twitter Engineer Writes Code to Delete Gun Enthusiasts, Conservatives!

This guy's a Twitter engineer who works to purge the system of bots. He assigns values to conservative values like Trump, Guns, God, America, and if the score is too high his algorithm deletes their account. It even applies to photos.

He states 'They're obviously all from Russia so they're bots'.

One thing Twitter does is something called 'shadow banning'. Essentially they make someone invisible without that person realizing it. Someone can make a post that no one else actually sees, so the get no response. Facebook does the same thing. The person has no idea that he or she's been ghosted by the site.

He was caught on video by the undercover investigators from Project Veritas:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...s-and-america/

Further clarification from another story on Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...banning-users/

And from Project Veritas themselves:

Quote:
“One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don’t know they’ve been banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality, no one is seeing it.”
https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/...ical-opinions/
Old 01-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

See, THIS is quality investigative journalism. Not just someone talking, but someone going out and actually getting the evidence, getting the proof.

That said, this is pretty disgusting. No surprise though, we know that the major leftist social media outlets do crap like this already. Yet another reason why I don't use any of them.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #3
jomama2458
uber n00b

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The problems are always from the left? Twitter is a right wing establishment concern. They're in it for the money and not for ideological purity, kind of like many LEO who cynically make arrests when they need the overtime or when DA's get extra diligent about prosecutions of petty crimes when a new prison gets built in their congressional district. Stop trying to promote the narrative that the establishment Dems and Rinos are adversaries in policy. Most of us understand much better about that now.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama2458 View Post
The problems are always from the left? Twitter is a right wing establishment concern. They're in it for the money and not for ideological purity, kind of like many LEO who cynically make arrests when they need the overtime or when DA's get extra diligent about prosecutions of petty crimes when a new prison gets built in their congressional district. Stop trying to promote the narrative that the establishment Dems and Rinos are adversaries in policy. Most of us understand much better about that now.
You're kidding, right?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #5
totenschadel
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well guns and gun folk have been around a few hundred years prior to social media; Twitter, Facebook and all the rest can piss off, the social media movement has done NOTHING positive for society.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #6
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s) View Post
See, THIS is quality investigative journalism. Not just someone talking, but someone going out and actually getting the evidence, getting the proof.

That said, this is pretty disgusting. No surprise though, we know that the major leftist social media outlets do crap like this already. Yet another reason why I don't use any of them.
FFYR,

I want you to sit down, take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, and pet your kitten before you finish reading this.

Ready?

The group doing these videos, James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, has a long history of this type of investigative reporting. They're like pit bulls and extremely skilled at this type of gotcha journalism.

Now take a deep breath, suck down some of that wine, and let that cute little kitten snuggle up against your neck for a few seconds.

Ready?

One of your all time favorite investigative reporters cut her teeth doing these types of reports for Project Veritas.

Laura Loomer.

Hope you didn't spit that burgundy all over your kitten.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:10 AM   #7
SG1
lets do it.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_O View Post
This guy's a Twitter engineer who works to purge the system of bots. He assigns values to conservative values like Trump, Guns, God, America, and if the score is too high his algorithm deletes their account. It even applies to photos.

He states 'They're obviously all from Russia so they're bots'.

One thing Twitter does is something called 'shadow banning'. Essentially they make someone invisible without that person realizing it. Someone can make a post that no one else actually sees, so the get no response. Facebook does the same thing. The person has no idea that he or she's been ghosted by the site.

He was caught on video by the undercover investigators from Project Veritas:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...s-and-america/

Further clarification from another story on Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...banning-users/

And from Project Veritas themselves:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/...ical-opinions/
Wow, you are telling me H1b Visa hires do not understand/value the 1st and 2nd Amendments?

Shocking.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:52 AM   #8
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_O View Post
FFYR,

I want you to sit down, take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, and pet your kitten before you finish reading this.

Ready?

The group doing these videos, James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, has a long history of this type of investigative reporting. They're like pit bulls and extremely skilled at this type of gotcha journalism.

Now take a deep breath, suck down some of that wine, and let that cute little kitten snuggle up against your neck for a few seconds.

Ready?

One of your all time favorite investigative reporters cut her teeth doing these types of reports for Project Veritas.

Laura Loomer.

Hope you didn't spit that burgundy all over your kitten.

So what happened to her then? She apparently discarded all of the lessons she learned from them, in favor of clickbait.

It doesn't matter if your teacher is Mr. Miyagi, if you don't follow the teachings and take them to heart, it's for naught. The best education in the world is still useless if it all goes in one ear and out the other.

If she maintained the same journalistic standards as Project Veritas, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and it's my belief that she wouldn't be relevant to any conversation involving the Mandalay Bay shooting as she hasn't brought anything to the table of real, verifiable substance that I've seen, apart from perhaps a bunch of me too reporting on the facts that are already known and reported on by many others. If she had, there'd be people talking about her outside of forums like this and youtube comments, but so far I haven't seen that. Tucker Carlson and many others have spoken to a lot of people about the shooting, and a lot of them have or claim to have inside information or evidence pointing towards *something*, but to my knowledge no major outlet has had Loomer on, and that says something about the credibility of her reporting. If she had information that would actually stand up to real scutiny people would be talking to her.

Case in point, Tucker has discussed Project Veritas numerous times, played clips from some of their videos.. because there's something really worth talking about there. When Laura Loomer brings the kind of stuff to the table that actually gets people's attention, I'll start taking her seriously. And it's not that I'm depending on Tucker or anyone else to get my cue to start listening, it's that I have certain standards before I start considering someone credible, much like major news outlets do before they choose to have people on.

And believe me, I'm calm. I'm totally calm, I'm the calmest person you'll ever meet, believe me. Nobody is calmer than me.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:24 AM   #9
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s) View Post
So what happened to her then? She apparently discarded all of the lessons she learned from them, in favor of clickbait.

It doesn't matter if your teacher is Mr. Miyagi, if you don't follow the teachings and take them to heart, it's for naught. The best education in the world is still useless if it all goes in one ear and out the other.

If she maintained the same journalistic standards as Project Veritas, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and it's my belief that she wouldn't be relevant to any conversation involving the Mandalay Bay shooting as she hasn't brought anything to the table of real, verifiable substance that I've seen, apart from perhaps a bunch of me too reporting on the facts that are already known and reported on by many others. If she had, there'd be people talking about her outside of forums like this and youtube comments, but so far I haven't seen that. Tucker Carlson and many others have spoken to a lot of people about the shooting, and a lot of them have or claim to have inside information or evidence pointing towards *something*, but to my knowledge no major outlet has had Loomer on, and that says something about the credibility of her reporting. If she had information that would actually stand up to real scutiny people would be talking to her.

Case in point, Tucker has discussed Project Veritas numerous times, played clips from some of their videos.. because there's something really worth talking about there. When Laura Loomer brings the kind of stuff to the table that actually gets people's attention, I'll start taking her seriously. And it's not that I'm depending on Tucker or anyone else to get my cue to start listening, it's that I have certain standards before I start considering someone credible, much like major news outlets do before they choose to have people on.

And believe me, I'm calm. I'm totally calm, I'm the calmest person you'll ever meet, believe me. Nobody is calmer than me.
Well, I hope you were able to clean the burgundy stains off the kitten. Then again it might have been a good look for it!

Believe it or not LL has been featured on Fox News' Hannity, and for what it's worth InfoWars has openly discussed bringing her on staff as a featured reporter. They may have already done so.

I'm actually pretty neutral on LL. I view what she brings to the table with a skeptical eye. But I don't discredit anything simply because it's her. As Tony's said, she gets into the trenches and digs for a story, and is continuing to do so. I don't question her motives, she's a reporter. How about NBC's Brian Williams, ABC's Brian Ross, and the host of others who've been reprimanded or fired for fake news? They're paid millions for their hype and lies.

We can't have a rubber stamp media or those paid to cover certain stories. Laura stated that she left because she didn't want to report on stories that she disagreed with, regardless of who she was working for. She claims she won't sell out.

During the Anaconda Mining scandal during Montana's developing years, the mine owned virtually the entire social and political structure of the state, including the media. They dictated what was said or went on. So I'm a big supporter of independent media who'll scurry about like little squirrels to see what hidden nuts they may uncover. I don't fault them for doing so. We need people like Laura, or Jason Goodman, or Pete Santilli, and so many others who'll fill the gap as alternative media.

That's an important factor in freedom and liberty, both of which I know you revere.

I deeply applaud her in the Hannity interview. Remember the NY theater play that faked a Julius Caesar type assassination against Trump? Laura stormed the stage during their last performance and was arrested for her actions.

Watch it here:

https://youtu.be/x0fnyC72SVs
Old 01-13-2018, 04:34 AM   #10
pooty
uber Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama2458 View Post
Hey troll