Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #261
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shelton View Post
Lol, that's a Laura Loomer interview. You know, the one who isn't a real reporter according to our resident investigative journalist critic.

Here she is getting a one on one off the record interview with the coroner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMn0CAHoRT4

We don't need to believe anything she uncovers.......(SARCASM)
Get someone on the record (video or at least audio) confirming these claims and we'll have something meaningful. All this video shows is someone saying they have "sources" with no evidence whatsoever. They can say anything they want, but that does not necessarily make it true. Some folks here seem to believe everything she says simply because she says it, and that is of course foolish.

This was not a video of an interview with anyone, this was a video of someone making completely unverified claims while providing no evidence that can either prove or disprove her claims. She can come out of that interview and make whatever claims she wants about what was said, because there is no one to confirm or deny any of it. She even said herself that he wouldn't answer the question of whether or not everyone got a full autopsy. So what? That lack of answer is not evidence of anything. If I made the same exact video myself, it would have no value whatsoever, so I fail to understand why it has value coming from her when there is no actual content to speak of.

Again, get someone on the record that would actually know the truth (ie someone in the coroner's office) and you'll have something. This is just unverifiable talk, yet some folks here treat it as gospel.

And before anyone tries to claim otherwise, I do not know whether or not the autopsies were performed or not. I have no idea. But without verifiable evidence either way, there is no way to come to a conclusion on the matter.

Unless of course, you are biased towards not believing a word from the authorities and believing that it's all a conspiracy.. in which case, you're going to believe what you want to believe even when no evidence is provided to substantiate it. This video provided no such evidence, just the opinion of someone making unverifiable claims.

Edit: this video of hers is not an example of flagrantly bad journalism like some of her other videos have been, but it's not an example of anything good either. It's completely neutral, as it provides nothing of substance that can be either proven or disproven. Thus, it has no value.
FightForYourRight(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #262
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s) View Post

Unless of course, you are biased towards not believing a word from the authorities......
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a WINNER!

I'm not stupid enough to believe that an entity with a track record of lying is all the sudden going to start telling the truth - without being forced.

(see LVRJ lawsuit, etc)
What sorrow awaits the unjust judges and those who issue unfair laws. They deprive the poor of justice and deny the rights of the needy among my people...the Lordís anger will not be satisfied..His fist is still poised to strike. - Isaiah 10
Tony Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #263
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

We dropped Ryan Payne off at the airport this morning. It has really been enlightening to have him with us the past month or so.

The prosecutor wants to give him 42 months and the judge has a h@rd-on for him, especially now since the dismissal in Nevada.

Just a month ago Ryan was facing life in prison. Now it looks like he could be out in as little as four months.

Ryan never even so much as verbally abused anyone. No violence, not harassment. Nothing.

He took a plea bargain only to separate himself from the Bundy's so they would have a better chance of acquittal without the connection with him and the militia. A jury found that all the others in the same trial were NOT GUILTY of any crime.

With that in mind, how many of us believe that he should lose his firearms rights for the rest of his life, as would be the case with any federal conviction. Federally convicted have NO method of restoring rights. That would be in interesting question in the felon thread. I'd certainly like to hear the reasons why Ryan should not be able to protect his family in the mountains of Montana after he serves the next four months in prison.
What sorrow awaits the unjust judges and those who issue unfair laws. They deprive the poor of justice and deny the rights of the needy among my people...the Lordís anger will not be satisfied..His fist is still poised to strike. - Isaiah 10
Old 01-12-2018, 11:03 PM   #264
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Quote:
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a WINNER!

I'm not stupid enough to believe that an entity with a track record of lying is all the sudden going to start telling the truth - without being forced.

(see LVRJ lawsuit, etc)
Precisely my point. You are going to believe whatever you want to believe, regardless of what anyone else has to say and regardless of whether or not there is any evidence to support such a belief. Laura Loomer and the like thrive on people who believe whatever they say without needing any actual evidence or proof. You have an agenda, a belief in your mind already set in stone, and those like Laura Loomer provide the desired echo chamber to reinforce those beliefs.

I require evidence to believe things. I will certainly develop thoughts and ideas and theories about what may have transpired about any particular event, but until I see real evidence pointing in any particular direction, it remains an open question. That is where you and I differ. Your mind is already made up, so as a result anyone who says what you want to hear counts as a respectable, reliable source of information. This only serves to deepen conspiracy theories and distract from any real evidence when it does come up.

I know my words are falling on deaf ears, and that's fine. I say it all because it needs to be said, so maybe others will learn to wait for all the facts to come in before they jump to biased conclusions.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #265
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Precisely my point. You are going to believe whatever you want to believe, regardless of what anyone else has to say and regardless of whether or not there is any evidence to support such a belief. Laura Loomer and the like thrive on people who believe whatever they say without needing any actual evidence or proof. You have an agenda, a belief in your mind already set in stone, and those like Laura Loomer provide the desired echo chamber to reinforce those beliefs.

I require evidence to believe things. I will certainly develop thoughts and ideas and theories about what may have transpired about any particular event, but until I see real evidence pointing in any particular direction, it remains an open question. That is where you and I differ. Your mind is already made up, so as a result anyone who says what you want to hear counts as a respectable, reliable source of information. This only serves to deepen conspiracy theories and distract from any real evidence when it does come up.

I know my words are falling on deaf ears, and that's fine. I say it all because it needs to be said, so maybe others will learn to wait for all the facts to come in before they jump to biased conclusions.
Well, there we have it. From this point on, rather than investigate and form my own opinions, I can just ask FFYR what I think and save a lot of time.

I wonder if I should go on vacation to Montana or Mexico this year. I guess I'll ask and find out. Should be exiting whatever he tells me I chose.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #266
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

A small taste of discovery video.

A couple of tidbits:

8:42 A POS willingly attempts to violate fundamental rights by giving a ticket that he knows is not lawful just to make the kid have the inconvenience of going to court to have it dismissed. He should be fired and never allowed to ever hold a position of authority again for life.

6:28 Another officer "just doing his job" is asked about the first amendment area. "Doesn't this affect your conscience"? But of course it doesn't. Orders are orders, right or wrong........

https://www.facebook.com/ammonbundy/...HM&pnref=story
Old 01-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #267
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Quote:
Well, there we have it. From this point on, rather than investigate and form my own opinions, I can just ask FFYR what I think and save a lot of time.

I wonder if I should go on vacation to Montana or Mexico this year. I guess I'll ask and find out. Should be exiting whatever he tells me I chose.
What a goofy way to try to turn things back around on me. Of course, it hasn't worked, as it is blatantly false. I did not make these decisions, you did. All I'm doing is calling it like I see it.

This is why it is impossible to have a coherent conversation with a conspiracy theorist, because logic and reality don't enter into the picture. I ask for evidence and make the point that some folks simply believe what they want without evidence, and I am then somehow accused of telling others how to think? On no planet does that make a lick of sense, yet here we are.

Ok then.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #268
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Quote:
What a goofy way to try to turn things back around on me. Of course, it hasn't worked, as it is blatantly false. I did not make these decisions, you did. All I'm doing is calling it like I see it.

This is why it is impossible to have a coherent conversation with a conspiracy theorist, because logic and reality don't enter into the picture. I ask for evidence and make the point that some folks simply believe what they want without evidence, and I am then somehow accused of telling others how to think? On no planet does that make a lick of sense, yet here we are.

Ok then.
Let's do a little comparison, shall we?

Laura Loomer stated the two separate employees at the coroner's office told her that about half the victims of the shooting did not get autopsies.

Contrast that with the Wall Street Journal:

A lawyer for President Donald Trump arranged a $130,000 payment to a former adult-film star a month before the 2016 election as part of an agreement that precluded her from publicly discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, who spent nearly a decade as a top attorney at the Trump Organization, arranged payment to the woman, Stephanie Clifford, in October 2016 after her lawyer negotiated the nondisclosure agreement with Mr. Cohen, these people said.

Ms. Clifford, whose stage name is Stormy Daniels, has privately alleged the encounter with Mr. Trump took place after they met at a July 2006 celebrity golf tournament on the shore of Lake Tahoe, these people said. Mr. Trump married Melania Trump in 2005.

Mr. Trump faced other allegations during his campaign of inappropriate behavior with women, and vehemently denied them. In this matter, there is no allegation of a nonconsensual interaction.

“These are old, recycled reports, which were published and strongly denied prior to the election,” a White House official said, responding to the allegation of a sexual encounter involving Mr. Trump and Ms. Clifford. The official declined to respond to questions about an agreement with Ms. Clifford. It isn’t known whether Mr. Trump was aware of any agreement or payment involving her.

In a statement, Mr. Cohen didn’t address the $130,000 payment but said of the alleged sexual encounter that “President Trump once again vehemently denies any such occurrence as has Ms. Daniels.”

Mr. Cohen added in the statement, addressed to The Wall Street Journal: “This is now the second time that you are raising outlandish allegations against my client. You have attempted to perpetuate this false narrative for over a year; a narrative that has been consistently denied by all parties since at least 2011.”

The Journal previously reported that Ms. Clifford, 38 years old, had been in talks with ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the fall of 2016 about an appearance to discuss Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. In that article, the Journal reported the company that owns the National Enquirer agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model three months before the election for her story of an affair a decade earlier with the Republican presidential nominee, which the tabloid newspaper didn’t publish. The company said she was paid to write fitness columns and appear on magazine covers.

Mr. Cohen also sent a two-paragraph statement by email addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” and signed by “Stormy Daniels” denying that she had a “sexual and/or romantic affair” with Mr. Trump.

“Rumors that I have received hush money from Donald Trump are completely false,” the statement said.

Ms. Clifford didn’t respond to multiple emails seeking comment.

After the agreement, Ms. Clifford’s camp complained the payment wasn’t being made quickly enough and threatened to cancel the deal, some of the people familiar with the matter said.

The payment was made to Ms. Clifford through her lawyer in the matter, Keith Davidson, with funds sent to Mr. Davidson’s client-trust account at City National Bank in Los Angeles, according to the people.

“I previously represented Ms. Daniels,” Mr. Davidson said, referring to Ms. Clifford’s stage name. “Attorney-client privilege prohibits me from commenting on my clients’ legal matters.”

A spokeswoman for City National Bank declined to comment.

The agreement with Ms. Clifford came as the Trump campaign confronted allegations from numerous women who described unwanted sexual advances and alleged assaults by Mr. Trump.

In October 2016, the Washington Post published a videotape made, but never aired, by NBC’s “Access Hollywood” in which Mr. Trump spoke of groping women.

Mr. Trump denied all allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct and apologized at the time for his remarks on the tape, calling them locker-room banter.

Mr. Cohen worked at the Trump Organization from 2007 until after the election. As Mr. Trump took office, Mr. Cohen said he would work in private practice and act as Mr. Trump’s personal attorney. “I am the fix-it guy,” he said in an interview in January 2017 before Mr. Trump’s inauguration.

Ms. Clifford has appeared in about 150 adult films, and was considered among the industry’s biggest stars when the then-27-year-old met Mr. Trump at the American Century Championship in 2006, held at Edgewood Tahoe golf course in Nevada.

Another adult-film star, Jessica Drake, later alleged in an October 2016 news conference that Mr. Trump kissed her and two other women without permission in a hotel suite after the same 2006 golf event.

“I did not sign [a nondisclosure agreement], nor have I received any money for coming forward,” Ms. Drake said this week in an emailed statement. “I spoke out because it was the right thing to do.”

A White House official responded to questions about Ms. Drake by referring to a previous statement by the Trump campaign, which called her account “totally false and ridiculous.”

—Alexandra Berzon contributed to this article.

Write to Michael Rothfeld at michael.rothfeld@wsj.com and Joe Palazzolo at joe.palazzolo@wsj.com

Here is the big difference. The Wall Street Journal, nor any other media has investigated the shooting and forced Lombardo to change his story the way Laura Loomer did.

The local media consistently sits by and swallows everything Lombardo says like they are kneeling at Gl@ry hole.

This is not what media is supposed to do.

Laura is doing exactly what the media should do. It is the inherent job of the media, in representing the people to NOT, repeat NOT trust the government narrative AND MAKE THEM PROVE IT EVERY TIME.

That is their JOB. Anything less and they are nothing more than accomplices to tyranny.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #269
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

I apologize for getting some of the October shooting issues mixed in this thread. Laura Loomer has been interviewing the Bundy's and it is important that her prior record of investigative reporting be known.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #270
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Default Jury Shouts a HUGE 'Not Guilty' in First Round of Bundy Ranch Bunkerville Trial

John Ritzhemer also started serving his sentence today. It is hard to believe we have allowed our country to degenerate to the point where men go to prison for the same ďcrimeĒ their associates were found not guilty of by a jury. It shows the absolute evil of the plea bargain system of intimidation that is direct violation of the Bill of rights. It should be abolished in its entirety.

Here are some happy times three days before Christmas with some innocent men. Having a blast playing the rudest game ever. I donít remember what it was but is was something ďagainst humanityĒ. You guys probably know what it is. IMG_7508.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk