Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2018, 05:08 AM   #11
uber n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure they are walking out for the most part just to ditch class. Hell, if they want to protest something that would make a difference, protest teen bullying. But that is a cause that would save lives and you wont see one of these kids joining that movement.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #12
Obsessed Member

Our kids are long gone from school (Trinity). The response from the boys was just as suspected. Especially our oldest boy...I damn near shed a tear makes me proud I'll tell ya.

I agree that it's more an opportunity just to get out of the class, what really bothers me is these so called professors and teachers supporting it.
7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
uber Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

My brothers two kids in different schools have a 17 minute "walkout" to the gym then back to class or face an absence violation.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #14
Very Active Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think most of the brats who walk out will be opportunists using the anti-gun protest message as cover for ditching class. They should be punished for being absent from school without a legit excuse but we all know the school districts will cater to these immature ingrates. Great life lesson the kids are gonna learn-do whatever you want there will be no consequences.
"If you are not on a government watchlist by now, you are not tying hard enough!"
Lrh502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #15

Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
Our local middle school has teachers walking a fine line, ALMOST encouraging participation.

I have made myself very clear, if my child walks out during this protest, she will be detained by school police for truancy and I will recommend expulsion.

If any teacher allows participation or encourages it, I will make it my sole goal in life to have them fired for child endangerment.
You forgot the board of education, riot sticks, police dogs, fire hoses,CS gas, and the Ohio National Guard. Let them walk, next day it will be back to routine academics, and middle school drama. Let the school handle it as they see fit. Choose your battles.

If I had it to do over again, my children would of went to private school. Public school systems suck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paddle.jpg (97.6 KB, 6 views)
LASCHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #16
Obsessed Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My step daughter's school district sent out an email that addressed it. It said that the schools are not an institution that should push a political agenda, but that students would be allowed to exercise their first amendment rights by walking out of the classroom. However, they are not allowed to leave the school grounds, and are responsible for any lessons/work that they miss in that 17 minutes. Leaving school grounds would be treated as truancy.

I think this is a reasonable concession which allows students to voice their opinion while maintaining a neutral stance from the school. Sadly though, I don't think a conservative based protest would be allowed the same concessions.
Arourasphere is offline   Reply With Quote