Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #51
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
Exactly 20 years ago, I was part of the mass exodus of Californians to Las Vegas. Like most of the transplants, I didn't stay long and moved back to Cali.

My prediction is that a mass amount of Vegas residents will move back with in 5 years and the whole 20 year come and go cycle will keep spinning. Ten years from now, they will be in CA and 20 years from now, back in Vegas.
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would willingly move back to California once they spend some time here in Nevada. Nobody that actually cares about freedom or gun rights would do such a thing. Of course, California is known for its fair weather sports fans(among other things) so it's no surprise that they'd choose beaches and mild weather over real rights and freedoms. Also no surprise why this state is rapidly turning blue. Very unfortunate.
FightForYourRight(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #52
desertrunner
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Californians Flee to Nevada to Escape Housing Costs, Traffic. NO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s) View Post
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would willingly move back to California once they spend some time here in Nevada. Nobody that actually cares about freedom or gun rights would do such a thing. Of course, California is known for its fair weather sports fans(among other things) so it's no surprise that they'd choose beaches and mild weather over real rights and freedoms. Also no surprise why this state is rapidly turning blue. Very unfortunate.
For me, it was all about my career at the time, California was better in my specific field and the city of Las Vegas passed me over for a job because I was a white male who scored very high on the test and they wanted black females at the time.

I have no interest in sports or the beach, it was all about the job. But I do miss Vegas, a red voter and want to move back.
desertrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #53
SG1
lets do it.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s) View Post

This. How can you go back from low taxes, low cost of living, low crime, Freedom to the total opposite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
For me, it was all about my career at the time, California was better in my specific field and the city of Las Vegas passed me over for a job because I was a high male who scored very high on the test.

I have no interest in sports or the beach, it was all about the job. But I do miss Vegas, a red voter and want to move back.
Come back, we need your vote in 2018.
SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote