Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armed Citizen > Open Carry & Concealed Carry

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #21
garand_guy
Obsessed Member
 
garand_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Henderson
Posts: 2,023
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneBurro View Post
Hrm, is anyone able to cite a reliable source to back this up? It would be quite useful to know.
There's nothing in the NRS. 202.350 is quite specific. CA has better protections, but then again, Nevada hasn't pulled very much 2nd Amendment BS until now.
__________________
US Rifle .30 CAL M1
garand_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #22
Kinoons
Obsessed Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLasVegasCop View Post
LOL.. no, they won't and can't.
Firstly, the NRS that you refer to in your link is not the correct NRS. You would more correctly want to point to :
NRS 202.350  Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or silencer; carrying concealed weapon without permit; penalties; issuance of permit to carry concealed weapon; exceptions.

But again, the NRS laws refer to PUBLIC places.

The law also affects private property owned by others IE: if I own a casino or a 7-11 and I wish for my security guards or employees to carry concealed, with my permission, they can do so with out a CCW as long as they stay on my property.

You can also carry, in the confines of your home, a knife with a blade longer than 6".

Also, if you feel it is necessary for the safety of your child, you can even allow your child 14 years or older to walk around your house and carry a rifle, shotgun or pistol, even when you are not home.

The only way law enforcement can and will get involved is if the material you possess is not illegal, such as a bomb, meth, child porn, or other illicit material or of you are a prohibited person and in possession of a firearm.
Firstly my link is to the entirety of NRS 202. Sorry if you have to scroll a little to get to the portion covering concealed firearms.

So using this logic no one could ever be cited for DWI in a parking lot, since that is private property? I'm sure there are a lot of defense lawyers who would have loved to take advantage of this supposed loophole.

It's only murder if you kill someone in the DMV? Do so at home and it's fair game?

Don't be so literal with the term "Public Heath". It doesn't mean only publicly (IE state) owned spaces.

Let's take other portions of chapter 202:
Section 202.870 covers crimes against children and the requirements to report them. There is no reference to public or private locations for the act that harmed the child. This is because the law applies to any location in which a child may be harmed.

How about 202.585 -- no pointing laser devices at aircraft. There is no references to public vs private locations in this law. By your logic you're saying that a person in their own home or on their own property can point a laser device into the cockpit of an airplane and it's fair game because they're on private property?

Please tell me you're playing the other side just for the mental exercise of it.
__________________
Kinooning it up for 2000 posts and counting...
Kinoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:28 AM   #23
Alan S
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

RetiredLasVegasCop, where in the NRS does it specify that it refers only to public places? Highlighting the applicable NRS here:
Quote:
NRS 202.350  Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or silencer; carrying concealed weapon without permit; penalties; issuance of permit to carry concealed weapon; exceptions.
1.  Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, a person within this State shall not:
(a) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles;
(b) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend, possess or use a machine gun or a silencer, unless authorized by federal law;
(c) With the intent to inflict harm upon the person of another, possess or use a nunchaku or trefoil; or
(d) Carry concealed upon his or her person any:
(1) Explosive substance, other than ammunition or any components thereof;
(2) Machete; or
(3) Pistol, revolver or other firearm, other dangerous or deadly weapon or pneumatic gun.
There is no mention in the NRS to public vs. private spaces/property regarding the carry of concealed firearms. As such, there is no difference in law between the two, and one MAY NOT, in this state, legally carry a concealed firearm, whether in public or on one's own private property, without a permit.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:00 AM   #24
RetiredLasVegasCop
uber n00b
 
RetiredLasVegasCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoons View Post
Firstly my link is to the entirety of NRS 202. Sorry if you have to scroll a little to get to the portion covering concealed firearms.

So using this logic no one could ever be cited for DWI in a parking lot, since that is private property? I'm sure there are a lot of defense lawyers who would have loved to take advantage of this supposed loophole.

It's only murder if you kill someone in the DMV? Do so at home and it's fair game?

Don't be so literal with the term "Public Heath". It doesn't mean only publicly (IE state) owned spaces.

Let's take other portions of chapter 202:
Section 202.870 covers crimes against children and the requirements to report them. There is no reference to public or private locations for the act that harmed the child. This is because the law applies to any location in which a child may be harmed.

How about 202.585 -- no pointing laser devices at aircraft. There is no references to public vs private locations in this law. By your logic you're saying that a person in their own home or on their own property can point a laser device into the cockpit of an airplane and it's fair game because they're on private property?

Please tell me you're playing the other side just for the mental exercise of it.
Now you just being stupid...
RetiredLasVegasCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #25
Kinoons
Obsessed Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLasVegasCop View Post
Now you just being stupid...
One could say the same of your argument.

In a debate when you result to simple name calling and offer no additional insights that's a sign you've lost the argument.
__________________
Kinooning it up for 2000 posts and counting...
Kinoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:34 AM   #26
RetiredLasVegasCop
uber n00b
 
RetiredLasVegasCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
RetiredLasVegasCop, where in the NRS does it specify that it refers only to public places? Highlighting the applicable NRS here:


There is no mention in the NRS to public vs. private spaces/property regarding the carry of concealed firearms. As such, there is no difference in law between the two, and one MAY NOT, in this state, legally carry a concealed firearm, whether in public or on one's own private property, without a permit.
The NRS does not have to spell out every breath you take and which hand it is legal to pick your nose with.

The NRS does not have to tell you that the government can not intrude into confines of your home, the 4th amendment already covers that.

If you want to try to scare the people in this forum with your take on what YOU believe the NRS means, then that's on you.

You can conceal your gun in a gunsafe, you can conceal it under your pillow, you can conceal it under your couch cushion, and you can conceal it under your shirt in the confinements of your own home.

So, I think that the people have enough ammo to make their own minds up.
RetiredLasVegasCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #27
RetiredLasVegasCop
uber n00b
 
RetiredLasVegasCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoons View Post
One could say the same of your argument.

In a debate when you result to simple name calling and offer no additional insights that's a sign you've lost the argument.
Name calling?

Read it again.

I see that you read the NRS much like you read the comments and interject your own take on it's meaning then spread that to others.

I said you are BEING stupid. There's a bit of a difference there.

You have all the insights you need.

If you do not want to carry concealed in your house, perfect.

But LE can not stop you.

I am pretty sure that I have not lost this argument.
RetiredLasVegasCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:58 AM   #28
Kinoons
Obsessed Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,709
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLasVegasCop View Post
Name calling?

Read it again.

I see that you read the NRS much like you read the comments and interject your own take on it's meaning then spread that to others.

I said you are BEING stupid. There's a bit of a difference there.

You have all the insights you need.

If you do not want to carry concealed in your house, perfect.

But LE can not stop you.

I am pretty sure that I have not lost this argument.
Stating someone is being stupid vs saying they are stupid is grade school nitpicking. In either case it does nothing to further your argument.

You continue to state that an officer cannot arrest you for concealing a firearm in your home without a permit. There has been ample evidence to show that they in fact can arrest you if they chose to do so. You have not offered any evidence to the contrary other than your own assertions. When participating in an adult discussion simple assertions do not meet the burden of evidence for fact.

Let me fisher price this down for you -- put up or shut up. Offer some real evidence or go away.
__________________
Kinooning it up for 2000 posts and counting...
Kinoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #29
RetiredLasVegasCop
uber n00b
 
RetiredLasVegasCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoons View Post
Stating someone is being stupid vs saying they are stupid is grade school nitpicking. In either case it does nothing to further your argument.

You continue to state that an officer cannot arrest you for concealing a firearm in your home without a permit. There has been ample evidence to show that they in fact can arrest you if they chose to do so. You have not offered any evidence to the contrary other than your own assertions. When participating in an adult discussion simple assertions do not meet the burden of evidence for fact.

Let me fisher price this down for you -- put up or shut up. Offer some real evidence or go away.
I understand that you have an image to keep.. I get it. Nobody is calling you names.

Your interpretation of the NRS is wrong.
The NRS discusses public places unless it specifically states "in your residence" which this does not.

Since you are such an expert at interpreting "black and white" show me in black and white where it says that you can NOT carry concealed in your home? That would make it illegal.

All the evidence is there, how much more do you need?

I have been a PO here in Vegas for over 25 years. Believe what you want, I could really care less.

But as someone who has been on the streets in Vegas for over a 1/4 of a century, I am giving you my professional opinion.
You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

If you don't believe me find another police officer and ask them.

Read the 4th amendment too and apply that to this discussion.

So, unless you can find something in black and white that specifically prohibits one from carrying concealed in their home, maybe it's time for you to "put up or shut" as you say.
RetiredLasVegasCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:24 AM   #30
varminter22
Obsessed Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,700
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Frankly, I've always tended to agree with RetiredLasVegasCop's opinion. But I've never found any legal precedent one way or the other. So I usually avoid getting involved in discussing this issue.
varminter22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 AM.




2nd Amendment Gun Shop CrossBreed Holsters
New Frontier Armory Fight Focused Concepts
Battle Born Nevada Bracelet
Wild West Guns
Ammo Supply Warehouse Guns and Ammo Garage
Netgirl Enterprises Extreme Ventures
The Peacemakers Firearms Bite the Bullet
The Range 702


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.