Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Commercial Sponsors > Palomino Valley Gun Club: Reno/Sparks NV

Notices

Palomino Valley Gun Club: Reno/Sparks NV The Palomino Valley Gun Club is a non-profit organization based in Reno/Sparks Nevada. We have been an integral part of the Washoe County Shooting Facility since its inception, and continue to support competitive rifle endeavors, promoting firearms marksmanship and safety.

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
ScottyS
Now we try factory ammo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2016 Varmint Silhouette matches

Once again, it is time to kick off another season of Varmint Silhouette rifle matches! Our first regular event is this Saturday, 5 March 2016. Be there at 8:00am for setup and sign-in.

I've heard from several new shooters that are planning on participating this season, as well as some that have shot in the past and are making a 2016 comeback. I expect that this season should be fun for all.

Some reminders:

Expert and Master classes do not get sighters or alibis. Make sure your equipment runs!

Set up and take down - please make an effort to help with targets or the chairs/stands on the line. If just a couple of us are doing this, it will take that much longer to get started. Leaving early and not helping with takedown is also not a good practice. Please make an effort to be part of the group and pitch in.

If you have FMJ ammo, please tell the match director so that we can check it with a magnet. Even mild steel cores damage our targets.

Lastly, remember that at my matches, people are here for fun, not intense competition. Please bring the fun attitude with you and leave the intense one at home. I'm not interested in tolerating argumentative behaviour or poor sportsmanship. If I feel that someone is creating a distraction or safety concern in this regard I will ask them to leave the match, as this is not fair to anyone who is taking their day off to come burn powder and have a good time doing it.

Quite a few new long range toys have hit the market in the last year, and I've seen some show up already on the line at practice days. I can't wait to see how some of this new gear compares! See you out there!

Scotty

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6784 (Small).jpg (80.6 KB, 133 views)
In Peace: Goodwill
Winston Spencer Churchill
ScottyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #2
Trapshooter12
uber Member

I'm sad to say this but I will not be able to attend this one or possibly the next three events.
I'm an going in on the 21st to have my left knee replaced and then hopefully four weeks later my right one replaced.

I am also in the process of starting a Varmint Silhouette shoot here in Elko after my knees are done.
I started talking to the county about building a thousand yard range.

good luck and hope get back down there soon.

Justice is not blind she's a greedy like any other corporation. She doesn't use the scales to weigh justice she uses them for the money you owe her.
Trapshooter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
LongRange
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

doyle if you get that going let us/me know ill make the trip to shoot and i might have some AR plate to donate.
LongRange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #4
Das Capitolin
Target and Tactical

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapshooter12 View Post
I am also in the process of starting a Varmint Silhouette shoot here in Elko after my knees are done.
Heal up soon, and keep us updated on the range in Elko. I've never been up there, so it would be a fun weekend trip.
Das Capitolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #5
ScottyS
Now we try factory ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapshooter12 View Post
I'm sad to say this but I will not be able to attend this one or possibly the next three events.
I'm an going in on the 21st to have my left knee replaced and then hopefully four weeks later my right one replaced.

good luck and hope get back down there soon.
Dang, we'll miss ya D.

Getting the knees replaced will be awesome if no complications. As much as I don't want to get on the table yet again, I know it is in my future at some point as well....just do your pre-op conditioning and then the recovery will be a lot smoother.......
Old 03-06-2016, 12:49 AM   #6
BrianReno
Zephyr Defense

What a great match today, thank you Scotty and to everyone who showed up.
BrianReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:35 AM   #7
ScottyS
Now we try factory ammo

That was a ridiculous attendance given the weather. I figured it would be much less given the forecast, could not believe it when people kept showing up.

I guess that says something about how westerners will shoot in the wind! Everyone that came out to burn powder today is a winner in my book, forget the scores!

I'm doing the score tally now.....I think that Weston and David unknowingly took their score sheets home though!

Again, good show everyone. That line looked like a match at Sac Valley, with all the sweet gear making the appearance.

I was very impressed with the level of safety and professionalism that all squads displayed. If all of you keep showing up at once like this, I'll have to go to more squads. Actually, we are going to make the target hangers to allow exactly that, so I don't get blindsided again........I had told Tony I would be surprised if 20 people showed up.......

Highlight of the match? Probably the .300 WM spinning the squirrel back over the hanger bar. Although Todd and Tony's little rivalry had me cracking up, especially when in the end Todd could have used Tony's hold call.......

Old 03-06-2016, 04:05 AM   #8
ScottyS
Now we try factory ammo

Scores up!

and apparently I can't hit N on a keyboard. Sorry Drin!

Last edited by ScottyS; 03-06-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
LongRange
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 2016 Varmint Silhouette matches

Yeah that would probable do it right there lol...I haven't shot a 6 (yet) but I did shoot an 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LongRange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #10
ScottyS
Now we try factory ammo

OK, I did up the scores from October when Tony & Co. ran it. Here they are. Apparently you guys shoot better when I'm not there.

Tomorrow is the last match of the season, and also the last one I will run for a while. It's been a great 8 years, but it's time to hang it up and get back to shooting.