Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Shooters Corner > The Range & Training

Notices

The Range & Training Marksmanship, tactical & defensive training, cowboy shooting, long & short range shooting, competition, silhouette games. Tips, tricks and more.

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2015, 03:59 AM   #11
Das Capitolin
Target and Tactical

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello Shooters:

This coming Saturday 10/31 is the last and final smallbore silhouette rimfire match of the season! Early practice shooting starts at 8am, and the match begins promptly at 9am. Juniors (12 and under) shoot free at this event. If you would like to borrow a rifle that’s dialed-in for the course, they will be available. The weather is supposed to be clear and cool with very little wind, so it should be a very nice day for shooting. I hope to see you there!

Match Description: http://palominogunclub.org/262/small...h-description/
Das Capitolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #12
Das Capitolin
Target and Tactical

Match Results: 31 October 2015

It was smiles all-around for the second season finale, as the weather was cool but not cold and improved to warm but not hot. Scores reflected the beautiful conditions, and both metallic and magnified classes enjoyed a very calm breeze that lasted until the final relay. This was good news for the twelve shooters competing at the master class level, where half the match is fired from the standing position. New difficulty levels were earned, which should make next season very exciting!

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our smallbore silhouette rimfire matches, but most especially to those few people who show up early every match to help set-up and stay late to help put everything away. These events are fueled by your efforts, and clearly you’ve helped to make them fun and enjoyable. I’m happy to see this event grow so quickly, and look forward to our first match next season: 26 March 2016. See you then!

See the detailed results posted at http://palominogunclub.org/307/small...match-results/
Old 11-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagon Collector

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks again for putting this in Olin. I had a great time and am looking forward to future matches!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
Das Capitolin
Target and Tactical

You're welcome! Next season I'll be shooting iron sights, so I've got the off-season to figure out how to make that happen. It might take a while to put together a whole new system, so I'll only enter the contest if I score a 40 with optics.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #15
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagon Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Capitolin View Post
You're welcome! Next season I'll be shooting iron sights, so I've got the off-season to figure out how to make that happen. It might take a while to put together a whole new system, so I'll only enter the contest if I score a 40 with optics.
Well I have a few various old mossbergs on peep sights that are tack drivers if you need to borrow something!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #16
Das Capitolin
Target and Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well I have a few various old mossbergs on peep sights that are tack drivers if you need to borrow something!
I might actually take you up on this offer - thank you! Similarly, I'll have a fine-tuned Savage MKII with 4-16x that will be open for use next season.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #17
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagon Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Capitolin View Post
I might actually take you up on this offer - thank you! Similarly, I'll have a fine-tuned Savage MKII with 4-16x that will be open for use next season.
Between reno4x4 and here you know how to find me, haha.

I'm waiting on a sight hood for my 44US to show up so I can try to get better with it. Peep sights get tough when there is no front hood!