Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
icode
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation "Bundy" comes to Oregon

Militia members have seized control of a federal complex in Oregon...

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/723
Democracy will continue until voters discover that they can vote generous gifts from the public treasury. [Then] the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits .... then every democracy will finally collapse, which is always followed by a dictatorship. - A. Tytler

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - J. Adams

If abortions were performed with guns Liberals would be pro-life.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
MAC702
Schadenfreudist

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

I really wish they would stop calling paramilitary groups "militias." They are NOT the militia. We all are, dammit.

They do this on purpose to associate the word "militia" with being paramilitary and usually anti-government.

Blue & Gold Firearms Training - Private Concierge Instruction
Blue & Gold Services - Complete Electrical, and Air Conditioning
Old 01-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #3
icode
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
I really wish they would stop calling paramilitary groups "militias." They are NOT the militia. We all are, dammit.

They do this on purpose to associate the word "militia" with being paramilitary and usually anti-government.
I agree, we all are. And some of us have taken over the BLM complex - those member that have are not anti-government, they are pro-government - anti-tyranny.
Democracy will continue until voters discover that they can vote generous gifts from the public treasury. [Then] the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits .... then every democracy will finally collapse, which is always followed by a dictatorship. - A. Tytler

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - J. Adams

If abortions were performed with guns Liberals would be pro-life.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #4
gixxer760
Domestic Terrorist aka pa

So media is making it sound like they haven't done their time. Way it sounds to me a judge decided to give them jail time under the minimum sentance. Now years later they want them to serve the rest of the sentance. The older guy for 3 months and the younger 1 year of a 5 year minimum. Is it me or the judge who ordered them to a wee be less should be at fault for this? I would protest and fight tooth and nail if I served my time before and now they want me back..
Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #5
MAC702
Schadenfreudist

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against them. Looks like they have a serious case against the government, and I hope it works out without any pawns getting killed over it, and the right bad guys taking the fall.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
QQ4Wiley
New 2 Nevada

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So the Afluenza Kid can kill 4 people driving drunk and do no jail time. But these 2 guys burn 140 acres and need another 4 years in prison? Sum Ting Wong here.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #7
MP15Reloader
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ4Wiley View Post
So the Afluenza Kid can kill 4 people driving drunk and do no jail time. But these 2 guys burn 140 acres and need another 4 years in prison? Sum Ting Wong here.
Business as usual. How many wealthy people do you see serving time on par with the rest of us, at least those who aren't singled out by the media to be "made an example of"...

Don't even get me started on the affluenza prick..how the hell the psychiatrist who coined that term can live with himself is beyond me... he even regrets it yet chose to testify to its relevance. See what money can do?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:54 AM   #8
jim
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I have been trying to follow this and I haven't read anywhere that the Hammonds requested any help. I believe their intentions are to to report as ordered on Monday to finish their sentences.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:57 AM   #9
gixxer760
Domestic Terrorist aka pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I have been trying to follow this and I haven't read anywhere that the Hammonds requested any help. I believe their intentions are to to report as ordered on Monday to finish their sentences.
They didn't. The people who are protesting feel they did their time as sentenced by a judge. Which I agree with.

They also want the entire wildlife refuge to be returned to we the people, which I also agree with but their methods may not be the most desirable.

The issue I see is where do we draw the line? The government takes and takes we complain and complain vote and no much changes. At least these few have the balls to stand up to the big government like we the people should have long ago
Old 01-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #10
MAC702
Schadenfreudist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer760 View Post
...The government takes and takes we complain and complain vote and no much changes...
It's especially these types of federal agencies which get free passes. They are small enough to have very little oversight by anyone who actually gives a damn because they will make better headlines/waves going after big agencies. So these little ones basically run rampant with impunity over the common man.

I'd sure like to hear from Oregon's elected representatives to Congress about this, the ones that aren't from Portland.

Closed Thread