Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

General Firearms Discussion Discuss general firearms related topics, buying experiences, weapons reviews and more.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #41
requiem
deum genus

 
requiem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,359
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

i went out and purchased a ton of 5.11 and blackhawk gear after reading this thread.

oh, and a ccw badge.
__________________
the road to enlightenment is littered with the bodies of the ignorant.
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #42
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagon Collector
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Lol. This cracks me up. I'm not a super hardcore trainer but i do typically shoot my handguns and a few rifles, in a defensive style, and I move after shooting, sometimes will transition from long gun to hand gun.

I bet the OP would get a kick out of me shooting fast controled pairs and head shots from my revolver, and doing combat reloads, from my kydex holster. His head would probably implode. Tactical revolver!?!!? WHA!!!!!
__________________
-Andrew - Landscape Designer, ISA Certified Arborist



If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #43
Sargeusaf
Freedom isn't Free
 
Sargeusaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFire View Post
THIS is a much better video - and explains in great detail all the tactical bullsh*t you need to know. This should be REQUIRED viewing for any operator worth their salt, and pepper.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4m2s-6FcE
This is hilarious almost spit my lunch out...Bravo,funny stuff!
__________________
Give me liberty, or give me death!
Patrick Henry
Sargeusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 AM   #44
MrTuna
PSYOPS

 
MrTuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Tactiholes at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Lol. This cracks me up. I'm not a super hardcore trainer but i do typically shoot my handguns and a few rifles, in a defensive style, and I move after shooting, sometimes will transition from long gun to hand gun.

I bet the OP would get a kick out of me shooting fast controled pairs and head shots from my revolver, and doing combat reloads, from my kydex holster. His head would probably implode. Tactical revolver!?!!? WHA!!!!!


I have watched some guys kick some serious butt with a revolver on an IDPA course. I was very impressed. All the hits were accurate and the reloads seem less.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows"
Epictetus
MrTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #45
MrTuna
PSYOPS

 
MrTuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Tactiholes at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
i went out and purchased a ton of 5.11 and blackhawk gear after reading this thread.

oh, and a ccw badge.


I once bought a 5.11 gear bag. The seams blew out in a couple months of light use. I'm sure that you already know that it's crap. That's all local shops carried years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows"
Epictetus
MrTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #46
inhiliator5000
Avtomat Kalashnikov
 
inhiliator5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South West LV
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Aww man that stinks. How long ago did you have it?

Ive had my covert rifle bag and backpack for over a year with no issues (knock on wood). Everyday bag, range bag, travel bag and its holding up.

Im assuming 5.11 doesnt offer a warranty huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTuna View Post
I once bought a 5.11 gear bag. The seams blew out in a couple months of light use. I'm sure that you already know that it's crap. That's all local shops carried years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
@TTMO.TACTICAL on IG
inhiliator5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #47
MrTuna
PSYOPS

 
MrTuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Tactiholes at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhiliator5000 View Post
Aww man that stinks. How long ago did you have it?



Ive had my covert rifle bag and backpack for over a year with no issues (knock on wood). Everyday bag, range bag, travel bag and its holding up.



Im assuming 5.11 doesnt offer a warranty huh?


It was like 5 years ago so I don't know about warranty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows"
Epictetus
MrTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 AM.




2nd Amendment Gun Shop CrossBreed Holsters
New Frontier Armory Fight Focused Concepts
Battle Born Nevada Bracelet
Wild West Guns
Ammo Supply Warehouse Guns and Ammo Garage
Netgirl Enterprises Extreme Ventures
The Peacemakers Firearms Bite the Bullet
The Range 702


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.