Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Hand Guns

Notices

Hand Guns Semi-autos, revolvers...post it here.

User Tag List

Old 05-20-2017, 02:35 AM   #11
Teresa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
They might've wanted the extra capacity.
Then why weren't they looking at the P226 to begin With? Again, the P229 specs are close to the G19, if they had already decided on that form factor suited their needs, why did they all the sudden decide a Duty sized weapon instead of a compact sized One? It's like going from a Ford Mustang to a Chevy Malibu, they just aren't the same class of vehicle. And because of that u'd have to rethink ur ammo selection. And it's not like tons of Police don't use the G19.

The only reason I can figure that Sig couldn't fix the problem is because sig can't ship German parts to USA anymore because of the whole controversial US govt sale of sig pistols to Columbia police. Because they have made the P229's in NH since they started production on the model.
Teresa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #12
jmano
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Combine a gun that doesn't like to run dirty, with cops that are notorious for not taking care of their firearms and you have a recipe for jamming.
jmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #13
Felid'Maximus
Beware of Cat

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
It is rather odd that they complain about sig P229, but then replaced them with Glock 17's! A G17 is really equivalent to a sig P226, not a P229! A P229 is similar in specs to a Glock 19! I found that very odd.
While the P229 is smaller than a P226 and a G19 is smaller than a G17... to me they all seem roughly similar enough to be comparable.

A G19 is shorter than a P229, and a G17 is longer than a P229 but still shorter than a P226.
Felid'Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #14
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felid'Maximus View Post
While the P229 is smaller than a P226 and a G19 is smaller than a G17... to me they all seem roughly similar enough to be comparable.

A G19 is shorter than a P229, and a G17 is longer than a P229 but still shorter than a P226.
Huh? I own both (well actually a G38, not a 19, but same gun) and they are darn near identical in size, what maybe a couple millimeters of difference, but honestly, not much at all. Real difference is the bore access, action, and weight.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #15
MrTuna
PSYOPS

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Sig Sauer being sued by PD for jamming handguns

I have yet to have one fail and I have over 10K rounds through P Series Sigs. I change the springs regularly though. I never give these financial disputes any notice. I guess it might scare off a new gun buyer but the FBI, Secret Service etc etc all managed with Sigs until Glock gave them enough free guns and discounts to corner the market 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #16
Teresa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTuna View Post
I have yet to have one fail and I have over 10K rounds through P Series Sigs. I change the springs regularly though. I never give these financial disputes any notice. I guess it might scare off a new gun buyer but the FBI, Secret Service etc etc all managed with Sigs until Glock gave them enough free guns and discounts to corner the market 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I gotta agree, I've never had any issues with my sigs, beyond my personal preference that I just don't like the p250 (it's worked flawlessly, I just prefer p229 or Glocks over it). To me it's the shocking issue that they had so many problems with them, and couldn't fix them. I find it curious, but the fact they went from a compact sized P229 to a duty sized Glock 17 when they allegedly got mad at sig, I smell a rat!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #17
Loneviking
uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmano View Post
Combine a gun that doesn't like to run dirty, with cops that are notorious for not taking care of their firearms and you have a recipe for jamming.
Bingo! And the two Sigs I've owned would jam if I used light oil on the rails and a fairly hot round. I ran mine with wheel bearing grease on the rails and had no problem.
Loneviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #18
MrTuna
PSYOPS

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneviking View Post
Bingo! And the two Sigs I've owned would jam if I used light oil on the rails and a fairly hot round. I ran mine with wheel bearing grease on the rails and had no problem.
Gotta grease those rails! Metal on metal needs grease unless it's a tight match grade 1911.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:37 AM   #19
Dogmatic
uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felid'Maximus View Post
It seems odd that Sig wasn't able to make it right.
It's not odd considering how much money was involved. Recalls and repairs on that scale can make decisions very difficult.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote