Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #511
Wolfn8tr
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mandalay Bay shooting

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln-
Wolfn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #512
Mr. B

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
Officials found five handguns, two shotguns, several electronic devices and a “plethora of ammunition” at the home, Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said.
A plethora?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:23 AM   #513
garand_guy
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shelton View Post
Sure, that's a likely possibility. Just seems odd that an agency that would put surveillance cameras on telephone poles to monitor protesters in a bird refuge 30 miles out of town, wouldn't put a $5.00 usb camera inside the home of someone who just killed 58 people. At least until the "investigation is complete".
I can tell you first hand that the Feds are not all they are cracked up to be. Probably a reason you get put in the Reno office if you don't volunteer.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #514
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Sure, that's a likely possibility. Just seems odd that an agency that would put surveillance cameras on telephone poles to monitor protesters in a bird refuge 30 miles out of town, wouldn't put a $5.00 usb camera inside the home of someone who just killed 58 people. At least until the "investigation is complete".
I'd certainly agree with that, and have wondered the same thing myself. At the same time, I'm assuming the police made the same assumption that I would make, that nobody potentially associated with him or his crime would even think about going near that house now, so what are they protecting it from or watching it for? They have no obligation to protect it from vandalism, and if there's basically zero chance you'll gain anything new, why waste the effort?

I see both sides, and if I were in charge, I'd elect to watch it just because it wouldn't take much effort or resources, and you *might* catch some kind of break, even a tiny one. Or maybe catch some idiotic vandals or treasure hunters, or a random burglar that has been under the world's biggest rock for the last week or so.
FightForYourRight(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #515
netfences
Banned
I've been Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForYourRight(s)
At the same time, I'm assuming the police made the same assumption that I would make, that nobody potentially associated with him or his crime would even think about going near that house now, so what are they protecting it from or watching it for?
That would be an illogical assumption given what Lombardo should have known almost immediately and probably did know (ie: multiple shooters). Why wouldn't it have been logical to assume any accomplices would have done a final brush up there and at other related locations? You haven't changed my impression that you're trying to help cover things up and trying to derail those looking for the truth by continuing to endorse the reported narratives. Yes, narratives. They shift like sand to fill the gaps and reform as required. As I stated previously in a post that was deleted, early reporting to the public makes this kind of shiftiness more difficult to accomplish.

@Mr. B
LOL, mui pertinente. The link below should inform you of where we're heading. In many ways we're already there. No danger in trusting our government, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSQ5EsbT4cE
netfences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #516
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

If this report is true, maybe someone on here who is former or current LEO can explain what constitutional authority grants the right to steal or destroy private communications - especially of witnesses?

Men of honor in the past put their lives on the line to protect the trunk of private communications of John Adams and John Handcock and an entire town was forced to defend themselves because of it.

Those two men went on to ensure that future generations would not be subject to the same type of abuse. Was their work for naught? Please explain.

https://www.infowars.com/report-fbi-...-eyewitnesses/
Old 10-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #517
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

If anyone knows the body language lady in this video, you'll know she is a Trumper, conservative, and she holds LE in high esteem. I've watched all her videos because I've been fascinated with body language ever since it was my job to detect deception.

If I were conducting the interview with this witness I'd develop a repoire with him with a few softball questions, hit him with an unexpected, out of context, zinger, and watch for his expression change. Then move quickly to more softballs, as if the zinger was an accident. Once he is comfortable again I'd hit him with another hard zinger followed by long, maybe even uncomfortable, silence. Rinse and repeat.

People who are telling the truth tend to exhibit anger in their entire faces that can't be hidden when those tactics are used. While liars seethe on the inside and make a noticeable attempt to appear calm and stick to their story.

I have no idea if LE even considers this basic technique valid. I was taught over couple of years by who I consider the best private investigator in the west. It produced numerous full and partial confessions saving our clients hundreds of thousands.

I don't know what the story is with this guy, but one thing is for sure, he is not accessing visual memory and is being very careful with his words and movement. It doesn't help that he is being interviewed by an entertainer rather than an investigative reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9dM1EpR94
Old 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #518
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Sorry to keep going, but where is Paddock's autopsy report? The OSP released LaVoy Finicum's in full. Sheriff reports the autopsy is complete. Why isn't it made available to the public now? If for no other reason than to dispel myths?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #519
titanNV
NRA Life Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Inquire with the coroner, LVMPD and or FBI on and see when it will be.
titanNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #520
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry to keep going, but where is Paddock's autopsy report? The OSP released LaVoy Finicum's in full. Sheriff reports the autopsy is complete. Why isn't it made available to the public now? If for no other reason than to dispel myths?
I hear, understand and completely agree with the argument that the public has a right to know the truth about these things. I expect law enforcement to be completely transparent and not hide anything from us.

That said.. sometimes it is not advantageous to release information the second that it becomes available, for any number of reasons. I am not in law enforcement, nor am I in any way a part of this investigation, nor do I have any "stake", or players in this game beyond wanting to know the truth like everyone else. But I am willing to give some benefit of the doubt to the idea that releasing certain information prematurely might not be advantageous to their investigation. Now, I can't necessarily think of what that might be when it comes to an autopsy report, but just because I haven't thought of a valid reason doesn't mean there isn't one that I haven't. As such, the need to quell public suspicion in the early days of a very complex investigation would not rank very highly on my list compared to maintaining the integrity of said investigation.

The argument that "the more time passes, the more likely it's a coverup" makes no sense to me. How long does it take to write a false autopsy report? If there's a coverup and this is all a sham, why wouldn't they have covered such simple bases as that ahead of time and been prepared before the first shots were fired? It just doesn't make sense to me to scramble to cover things up after the fact if this was indeed perpetrated by those doing the coverup.

So again I say.. wait for the facts to come out, then sort through them and refute any inconsistencies or obvious falsehoods then. If the official story doesn't match up with what actually happened, there WILL be inconsistencies and problems, considering how many people were witness to this.
FightForYourRight(s) is offline   Reply With Quote