Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armed Citizen > Self Defense

Notices

Self Defense Share stories, news, articles, questions and more here.

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #11
Cthulhucalling
Lies dead but dreaming

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

why even bother answering the door? The sound of a Mossberg being racked, and yelling "go the fark away" work well too.
Cthulhucalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
AcidFlashGordon
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhucalling View Post
why even bother answering the door? The sound of a Mossberg being racked, and yelling "go the fark away" work well too.

When you read about the home invasion robberies around town, it's only prudent to answer the door armed especially if, when you check through the peephole or out the window, you don't recognize the individual OR they're dressed "thuggy" (you know, baggy pants, hat on backwards..). IF I decide to answer the door after the "night knock" I'll be holding my Mossberg 590 [racking a round of 00 buck] before opening the door) and my 1911-A1 Springfield Loaded will be on my hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Wow dude, always with the negative waves. Where's your Christmas spirit.
Nice idea but not everyone out there is IN the Christmas spirit, although some have been drinking a lot of it......
AcidFlashGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Steve Steckel
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You may find this interesting. Several years ago when I was living near Smoke Ranch and Michael Way there was a knock on my door at about 10 0'clock at night. I asked my teenage daughter if she was expecting anyone and she said no. I went to the door with my Colt .357 Python behind my back. When I opened the door there stood what turned out to be one of my daughters boyfriends wearing a ski mask pulled down over his face. I later learned that he thought it would be a great joke. The "joke" was on him. He was very quickly looking down the muzzle of my Colt and was "spread -eagled" on the ground. After I ripped off his ski mask and saw who he was I gave him, using my Marine Corps drill instructor voice, a verbal admonishment that he will NEVER forget.
Steve Steckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
WildManPiet
PitMonkey

Two questions:
1) Did he soil himself?
2) Did he ever come around after that?
Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Steckel View Post
You may find this interesting. Several years ago when I was living near Smoke Ranch and Michael Way there was a knock on my door at about 10 0'clock at night. I asked my teenage daughter if she was expecting anyone and she said no. I went to the door with my Colt .357 Python behind my back. When I opened the door there stood what turned out to be one of my daughters boyfriends wearing a ski mask pulled down over his face. I later learned that he thought it would be a great joke. The "joke" was on him. He was very quickly looking down the muzzle of my Colt and was "spread -eagled" on the ground. After I ripped off his ski mask and saw who he was I gave him, using my Marine Corps drill instructor voice, a verbal admonishment that he will NEVER forget.
WildManPiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
Gullwing
Is right behind you

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Steckel View Post
Wow that took some ball, too bad for the kid you neutered him.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Cujo
3.2L Flat-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullwing View Post
Wow that took some ball, too bad for the kid you neutered him.
One great big ball at that!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
MrTuna
Sig Connoisseur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Now that I have a Crossbreed and a G19 I wear it all day in the house. So comfortable!
I made the mistake of opening the door to a lady a few months back. She was crazy and tried to block me from closing my door on her. Pepper spray for the crazy ladies on the table by the door and Speer Gold Dots for the more dangerous. I don't open the door for people I don't know. Why give them a way in?
Old 12-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
ravir01
uber n00b

My story, it was broad daylight and I was getting ready to go run errands. There was loud knocking at my door, so I am mostly dressed and my 1911 was on my hip. Turns out it was 2 Sparks city marshals looking for someone who used to live in my townhouse several years ago. (I am East Indian and the guy they were looking for was Caucasian).

Anyway long story short, they asked me if I was the person they were looking for, I said no, they asked if I knew the person I said no, they asked how long I've been living here I said 18 months, they said have a nice day, no mention of my firearm, which they could see.
ravir01 is offline   Reply With Quote