Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Long Guns

Notices

Long Guns Rifles of all shapes and sizes...evil black rifles (EBR's), carbines, hunting rifles, shotguns, black powder, military surplus...talk about it here.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
GetRealLV
Ha-Ha! Kitchen Pass!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What's it worth? Rem 700 SPS Tactical

My son in law is considering selling his fairly new Remington 700 SPS Tactical with a bipod, some steel cased ammo and a Redfield low budget (probably not much over $200 knowing him). He is looking to buy a lighter weight all around gun to carry hunting. I saw almost the same setup on BP for $750 or offer with a 400 round count. I think his is less than 100 rounds fired. I have researched new ones too, just wondering what the market should bring on this lightly used. The poor b*astard lives in Kommiefornia too.

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
Luxom
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRealLV View Post
My son in law is considering selling his fairly new Remington 700 SPS Tactical with a bipod, some steel cased ammo and a Redfield low budget (probably not much over $200 knowing him). He is looking to buy a lighter weight all around gun to carry hunting. I saw almost the same setup on BP for $750 or offer with a 400 round count. I think his is less than 100 rounds fired. I have researched new ones too, just wondering what the market should bring on this lightly used. The poor b*astard lives in Kommiefornia too.

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated!
Well considering they cost $757 new from Remington (Plus tax of coarse) with the stuff he has on it, I feel like $550 would be a fair asking price. I actually have a Remington 700 sps chambered in .243 Win with a picatinny rail, and 2-7x Burris scope, and six boxes of (20 count) Remington . (Each box is like $17.99 at walmart) that I got as partial trade for some work I did. We equated it to roughly $500 worth of trade value.
I was going to take a picture of it for comparison, but my girlfriend is terrible at putting things back when she's done with them, and I can't find my micro usb cable to actually upload the picture to my computer. I'll try to find it, or go to walmart to buy (the now fifth one) another one.

EDIT: Oh, my advice either way though would be to simply hold onto it, and just save the money to get another rifle. If he's looking for something smaller I can't imagine him spending more than like $500 retail on whatever he gets.
I could understand if he didn't want to go this route though, as he might just think of it as a paperweight after he gets a rifle he'll use more often. More guns is always better than less guns though, right?
Luxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Luxom
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxom View Post
Well considering they cost $757 new from Remington (Plus tax of coarse) with the stuff he has on it, I feel like $550 would be a fair asking price. I actually have a Remington 700 sps chambered in .243 Win with a picatinny rail, and 2-7x Burris scope, and six boxes of (20 count) Remington . (Each box is like $17.99 at walmart) that I got as partial trade for some work I did. We equated it to roughly $500 worth of trade value.
I was going to take a picture of it for comparison, but my girlfriend is terrible at putting things back when she's done with them, and I can't find my micro usb cable to actually upload the picture to my computer. I'll try to find it, or go to walmart to buy (the now fifth one) another one.

EDIT: Oh, my advice either way though would be to simply hold onto it, and just save the money to get another rifle. If he's looking for something smaller I can't imagine him spending more than like $500 retail on whatever he gets.
I could understand if he didn't want to go this route though, as he might just think of it as a paperweight after he gets a rifle he'll use more often. More guns is always better than less guns though, right?
Okay, this is really the best picture I could get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junkincrapin 006-.jpg (96.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 07-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
loic
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have a sps varmint in 22-250 and I really Like it.
Why are you saying redfield low quality?
I got a redfield 3-7 x33 on my 30-30 and its a really nice scope.
$500 to $550 would be a good price.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
loic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
Luxom
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loic View Post
I have a sps varmint in 22-250 and I really Like it.
Why are you saying redfield low quality?
I got a redfield 3-7 x33 on my 30-30 and its a really nice scope.
$500 to $550 would be a good price.

I don't think he meant low quality, so much as low budget. In other words there may be nothing actually wrong with the scope, but it's just not going to really add much to the overall resale value.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
loic
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxom View Post
I don't think he meant low quality, so much as low budget. In other words there may be nothing actually wrong with the scope, but it's just not going to really add much to the overall resale value.
Oh, ok. Sry !

loic is offline   Reply With Quote